Race Day Tips
Race packet pickup will be Friday, July 21st, at Mountain Springs Pool from 10am to 7pm.
Saturday, July 22nd -- Race Day!
- Arrive at Mountain Springs Swim Club's Command Central no later than 30 minutes before your race (located in the front parking lot)
- Set up your transition spot in the covered pavilion. Your transition spot number is the same as your bib number.
- Use a Sharpie marker to write your bib number on your right shoulder before the race begins and before applying sunscreen
- Stretch and review the trail map
- ASK questions -- be clear and confident prior to the race
- Get ready to have FUN!
- Watch other heats and cheer on the participants
- Awards will be presented at approximately 8:30 for the first two races, and then approximately 15 minutes after the last race for the last two races.
- Wear socks and close-toed shoes
- Lift your feet!
- Look forward for rocks, tree roots, and other runners
- Stay on the trail
- Remember that you can walk at any time -- safety first!
- Your time will likely be slower than a road race, due to the increased obstacles on the trail
- Enter the transition spot (the covered pavilion at Mountain Springs Pool) at the end of the run
- Enter your lane and find your spot (remember the U pattern)
- Take off your shoes and socks
- Strip down to your swimming attire; leave your bib in transition
- Quickly exit transition in a U pattern
* If you are on a relay team: the runner will tag their swimmer in the transition area
- Proceed to the swimming pool
- Jump in (it will be too crowded to dive)
- Touch the walls during completion of each lap; flip turns are allowed by are not necessary
- Kickboards will be available for all swimmers
- NO parents will be allowed in the pool with swimmers. Mountain Springs will have two lifeguards on duty.
Transition Spot Necessities:
- Colorful hand towel to mark your transition spot
- Swim cap
- Sharpie marker -- write your number on your arm prior to applying sunscreen. Bibs will be removed for the swim.
Please label all items!
Leave elsewhere or with a family member:
- Shoes to be put on after the race
- Towel to dry off after the race
REMEMBER: Once the race begins, participants will not be able to access the transition spot.
The Mountain Deux will be held rain or shine, but the event will be delayed in the case of thunder and lightning. If there is severe weather, a call will be made the day of the event.
Please note that parents who act as a "running buddy" for their children do not need to register, but will not be able to participate in the swimming portion of the race, and will not receive a t-shirt or finisher medal. To receive a t-shirt, adults must register and race in the 15+ category, or sign up as a volunteer. Kickboards and lifeguards will be available during the swim portion of the race.